Back from retirement…or, something. We’re bringing back the Clay County Missouri “In the News” aggregation posts. A lot of people liked and read these, and we’re not afraid to say we want you on the site. It’s good for our local advertisers. Speaking of advertising, we’d love to talk with you. Plus, we just love Clay County and know we can’t cover everything. So, here goes, the latest “In the News” rundown of stories we didn’t write, but think are still important for you to see.
- 11/13/15 An Excelsior Springs teenager has been charged in connection with the fatal shooting of a former classmate in North Kansas City last month. From CBSNews.com
- 11/13/15 A former northwest Missouri junior high school teacher is facing up to 11 years in prison for having sexual contact with a 14-year-old student in his algebra class. From Fox2Now.com
- 11/15/15 The Clay County Sheriff’s Office has determined a threat made at Staley High School was “non credible.” From KSHB 41.
- 11/17/2015 “Staley High School Principal Clark Mershon sent a message to the Staley community on Tuesday, telling them that a student is under investigation, accused of filing a false claim about a threat on the school, which he says is a violation of the Safe Schools Act.” From Fox 4 KC. Also stories on KCTV 5, KMBC 9, and KMBZ.
- 11/17/2015 Todd Rundgren, often considered one of the founders of progressive rock, will be in North Kansas City on December 3 as he begins his new tour at Harrah’s.
- 11/17/2015-We recently interviewed Andie MacDowell when she was in town for the new Club W program. North Kansas City Hospital has posted some videos from the event.
- 11/18/2015 Pleasant Valley is looking for a new police chief.