Our latest news aggregation post for Clay County Missouri features former CEO of North Kansas City’s Helzberg Diamonds, Clay County Sheriff Paul Vescovo’s new blog, and the Kearney Bulldog football team wins state.
- 11/24/15 “As charismatic as he is ornery, Barnett Helzberg (former CEO of North Kansas City’s Helzberg) recently charmed a few dozen entrepreneurs as part of Startup Grind Kansas City.” From Startland News.
- 11/25/15 “More than 30 years have passed since the partial skeleton of a young woman was found, leaving detectives wondering who the remains of the unidentified person found in 1985 belong to. A sister, a mother, an aunt or a friend of years gone by are all possibilities that the Clay County Sheriff’s Department Cold Case Squad are looking into. From the Excelsior Springs Standard.”
- 11/25/15 Clay County Sheriff Paul Vescovo has launched a blog. Here’s the first update about holiday safety:
- The holiday season is once again upon us. Families and loved ones will celebrate the holidays, make merry new memories, and spend the traditional countless hours of standing in shopping lines and/or browsing the latest online deals. Unfortunately, this joyous time of year also brings out crooks and shysters who will cause headaches, heartaches, and discontent for the honest and hardworking folks. In 2013, the Missouri Highway Patrol Crime Statistics showed that a burglary occurred approximately every thirteen minutes and similarly there was a theft every three minutes. We as a community cannot allow this to happen in our neighborhoods. Let’s work together to reduce the odds of becoming victimized. Read more…
- Kearney, Missouri Wins State High School Football Championship
- 11/27/2015 “Webb City’s run of Missouri state championship has ended.” From USA Today HS Sports
- 11/27/2015 “Kearney High senior quarterback Logan Hinck tried hard to pretend his team wasn’t facing five-time defending state champion Webb City in Friday’s Class 4 state championship football game at Edward Jones Dome.” From STLHighSchoolSports.com.
- 11/28/2015 “Logan Hinck threw for one touchdown and Marcus Harris rushed for another to lead Kearney to a 17-14 win over Webb City in the Class 4 state championship game Friday at Edward Jones Dome.” From KMBC.