We’re going to be up front. Comment moderation is never a pretty process. No matter what we do, someone is going to get their feelings hurt. We want The Northland News and the Northland News Facebook page to be a place where articulate, respectful people want to comment and engage with one another. Too often comment sections on websites devolve into middle school locker rooms.
We can assure you, this is not going to happen on The Northland News. If you don’t like it, close your browser.
A few ground rules:
- Comments that include racist, homophobic, or religiously intolerant language are prohibited and will be removed.
- Comments that could be interpreted as threatening or emotionally abusive will be removed from the site.
- Comments containing threats of physical violence will be removed from the site. We will also contact law enforcement if we believe it warrants it.
- Don’t lie about or attempt to impersonate another person.
- Please try and stay on topic.
- Finally, don’t try and advertise your business through your comment. This is a business. If you’d like to tell our readers about your excellent business then ADVERTISE! We’d LOVE to have you, plus it’s better placement than a comment.
Please consider signing up for our email newsletter: