Request for Temporary Project Proposal – Budget $5,000
Deadline December 16, 2016
Open to artists working within 100 miles of Gladstone, MO
For more information visit http://www.gladstone.mo.
The City of Gladstone, Missouri Arts Commission is pleased to announce a Request for Proposals for our 2017 and 2018 Downtown Village temporary public art projects. Visual artists and designers working in all media either individually or as a team within 100 miles of Gladstone are encouraged to apply. Artists who are new to the field of public art are encouraged to apply.
The successful proposals will be located in the vicinity of the 70th St and North Locust intersection and should be visible from the intersection of North Oak Trafficway and 70th St, or otherwise encourage interaction from passersby on North Oak.
To see photos of the 70th St and North Locust area, please download a PDF of the RFP at http://www.gladstone.mo.us/
Submission and selection process
Submittals will be reviewed by a selection panel comprised of the Gladstone Arts Commission, which is made up of community volunteers, one City Council member and city staff. The selection process will be facilitated by art consultant James Martin.
To submit, please send the following materials by 5:00 PM December 16, 2016:
- A brief letter describing your interest in the project, how you would approach the project, what ideas you would like to explore, and confirming your availability to meet the project timeline.
Proposal sketches are recommended and welcome, but not required.
- An estimated project budget. A final budget will be requested as part of the selected artists’ final concept proposals.
- A CV or resume and the names, titles, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers of 3 references that we can contact.
- Up to 10 jpeg images and/or up to 3 video samples documenting previous work (links to online videos can be submitted in place of digital video files if preferred). Previous work displayed in interiors that is relevant to your proposal is welcome as part of your submission.
- A corresponding image/video list with title, medium, dimensions, brief description, location, and date of work.
Anticipated Timeline (dates subject to change)
December 16, 2016 Submissions due
By end of December, 2016 Finalist artists selected
January, 2017 Finalist artists present concept proposals
By end of January 2017 Selected artists notified
February-April Design refinement and fabrication
May 1, 2017 Delivery and installation
May 15, 2017 Public reception
The artist winning the proposal for 2018 will be notified in January 2017. The 2018 project will follow a similar installation schedule. Exact dates will be refined later in 2017.
Please send your materials to: