Home / Business / Smithville BBQ Owners Turn to Community After Fire at New Restaurant

Smithville BBQ Owners Turn to Community After Fire at New Restaurant

Smokehouse at Chop’s BBQ & Catering Catches Fire, Owners Turn to Community to Rebuild

chops-bbq

Starting a new business can be a significant drain on a family both emotionally and financially. Tuesday night brought even more challenges to Sarah and Dan Ulledahl after a latch failed on the smoker at their new BBQ restaurant in Smithville, MO.

According to a GoFundMe page created by the owner, Sarah Ulledahl attempted to relatch the door but was unable to. The result was an inferno that completely destroyed the “smoke house.”

The Smithville Police Department shared this photo from Twitter Tuesday night as Smithville Fired worked to get the fire under control.

The Ulledahls had been open for about a week and were scheduled to have their grand opening the following morning.

According to the GoFundMe page, Ulledahl is trying to raise funds to pay hired employees so he doesn’t lose them and supplement expenses not fully covered by insurance. It’s anticipated that the restaurant will be closed for several weeks while cleaning and repairs are completed.

If you’re interested in supporting the Ulledahls rebuilding effort you can donate to the GoFundMe Page by clicking HERE.

 

About Andrew Palmer

Leave a Reply